Our policy is to safeguard and protect any data entrusted to us and to be in compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
Violation of Policy
If you find that our policy has been violated, we want to address this immediately. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, ALOM commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Individuals in the European Union or anywhere else with inquiries or complaints regarding our Private Shield policy should first contact ALOM firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Office of the CEO, ALOM, 48105 Warm Springs Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539, USA. We are committed to addressing your concern within four weeks after we receive your complaint. If you feel that your complaint has not been addressed completely, we invite you to let us know and we will investigate further.
ALOM has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to ICDR/AAA (American Arbitration Association), an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html for more information or to file a complaint. The services of ICDR/AAA are provided at no cost to you. The same chain of complaint resolution is available for possible unfair or deceptive practices and violations of laws or regulations governing privacy. There is the possibility of, under certain limited conditions, for the individual to invoke binding arbitration.
Data Collection and Usage
- We collect data on our Web site through our response form. This information is only used for the purpose indicated on the form. This information is never sold or shared with third parties.
- We occasionally buy lists for marketing of ALOM. These lists are procured through respectable list brokers who honor opt-in and opt-out principles, and are not used for any other purpose than soliciting business for ALOM.
- We are a fulfillment and mailing company, and we receive, process and maintain mailing lists for our customers, as-well-as lists of their customers. These lists include: name, address, e-mail address, product information and in some cases company name. We do not use this information for any activity that is not requested by our customers. When a customer asks us to process a list or to safeguard their data, we may share any information pertaining to their data with that particular customer. We do not share any data with anybody else outside the company, except as needed in the usual course of business. For instance, we may use it for mailing purposes, and as indicated below. We take reasonable steps to ensure that tasks performed for our customers respect personal data and do not violate our commitment to safeguard information.
- We do not disclose information to third parties, except:
- our corporate customers where data rightfully were collected by them or it was disclosed that they would receive the data;
- postal services, couriers, and carriers to deliver orders;
- third party fulfillment services for local fulfillment only if they are bound by law or agreement to uphold same level of privacy and compliance.
ALOM may record and collect information about how visitors use its sites. This data may include a visitor’s domain name, type of browser and operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Internet Protocol (IP) address, language, the Web site from which they arrived, the amount of time spent, and the ways in which they use the system. We will monitor and use this data in aggregated form to measure the activity, and improve design and functionality. We may also disclose aggregate usage data to other visitors. We may also use usage data in unaggregated form to investigate and prosecute security violations, or to identify the particular visitor who engaged in particular transactions.
When Using our Online Sites
ALOM may provide links to third parties’ Web sites. The sites are not necessarily reviewed, controlled, or endorsed by ALOM in any way and ALOM is not responsible for their privacy policies and practices, or for any additional links contained on those sites.
We take appropriate steps to safeguard the data from abuse. We have implemented technology and security policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information, reasonably appropriate to the level of the data concerned.
Opt-out/Discontinue Receiving Information
You have the right to access data ALOM holds about you. If you want to discontinue receiving information from us or any of our customers (opt-out), or if you want to make changes to your information and how it may be used, please e-mail email@example.com or send a letter to Office of the CEO, ALOM, 48105 Warm Springs Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539, USA indicating the name and address to be discontinued. Please include information about the last mailing/contact received, including the approximate date and a brief description of the mail piece/contact such that we can attribute it to the appropriate customer. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections. There is no charge to opt-out.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield, ALOM is potentially liable.
Transfer of Information and Disclosure for Legal Reasons
Effective Date and Updates
ALOM may, in its sole discretion, update this policy at any time by posting the amended policy at this web address. The revised or amended policy shall be effective upon posting. Visitors and customers are therefore encouraged to refer to this page regularly.