Right Item. Right Place. Right Time.
At ALOM, we work with our clients to make sure the right quantity of components and finished goods are available in inventory to meet order requirements—without building up unnecessary and costly overstock—to provide uninterrupted production, sales, and/or customer service levels at the lowest cost.
Having the right item at the right time is the key to cost control. We do that by:
- Analyzing global needs. Stocking inventory in the best location(s) to ensure seamless and cost-effective assembly, distribution, and returns management.
- Ensuring accurate inventory. Detailed processes keep meticulous track of material flow, to help reduce audits and recounts.
- Flagging events. Monitoring and flagging events such as when demand exceeds forecast, when certain items are received, or when quantity falls below safety stock.
To maintain the highest inventory accuracy in the industry, ALOM follows meticulous quality practices:
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused staff
- Priority stocking on high turnaround items
- Obsolete material notification
- Expedited MRB problem resolution
- Just-in-time inventory management/lean manufacturing principles
- Real-time inventory transaction and history access
Getting the right materials in on time—and keeping track of them—is a necessity. ALOM’s ability to deliver and keep materials in stock for our clients is based on strong procurement vendor relationships combined with our processes and advanced systems. Vendors are subject to rigorous vendor qualification and ongoing performance monitoring programs.
ALOM regularly collaborates with customer-specified vendors, coordinating purchases and specifications with engineering, purchasing, and domestic or overseas vendors.
Vendor Managed Inventory
Using our global planning tools and supplier quality methodology, we support vendor managed inventory models:
- Worldwide supply chain management
- Procurement from domestic or international sources
- Customs arrangements/transportation
- Configuration management of hardware and electronic devices
- Fulfillment services