Accurate and On-time Shipping
Every day, ALOM ships millions of units accurately and on time; approximately one-third of all shipments going to international destinations. International shipments can be fulfilled from our U.S. headquarters or from one of our other 16 worldwide locations.
ALOM ships out of 16 locations worldwide for inbound and outbound orders. Shipping orders across borders adds one more layer of complexity to the fulfillment process. Through our Mastershipper system, we have developed tools to help our clients ship international orders in a seamless process.
We do whatever it takes to ensure orders are delivered to their final destination. And, just as important, we have processes in place to help avoid problems that may cause our clients to incur additional expenses for refused shipments, associated returns cost, or deal with dissatisfied customers.
Cross-border services include
- Maintaining accurate export information for each product
- Verifying whether an order requires a shipper’s export declaration (SED), then generating the SED and providing ITN filing with the federal government
- Generating commercial invoices, country of origin declarations, and other necessary documents
- Prepaying customs and duties where needed
- Following orders through customs clearance and assisting if an order is held up during customs clearance
- Determining if an order should be returned or destroyed to save return freight if delivery refused
ALOM supports the OneWorldFutbol initiative by providing worldwide fulfillment services. View the video to learn about the OneWorldFutbol mission. For information about supporting OneWorldFutbol click here.
ALOM flawlessly ships products into retailers using their specific routing guides. ALOM maintains a library of routing guides for major retailers. Our Mastershipper system allows us to provide the required electronic services, such as ASN (advanced shipping notice) with SSCC (serial shipping container code) data, to comply with requirements. Our processes and detailed specifications allow for accurate compliance with freight, dimensional and labeling requirements. This lets us ship reliably to retailers without incurring annual penalties or problems.
As part of our retail fulfillment, we can assemble and ship point-of-purchase displays and marketing materials.
ALOM is experienced in business-to-business shipping. We have advanced freight expense reporting and handling systems and can prepay and bill freight. We can also meet custom requirements, such as prepaying for customs and duties or providing handling and shipping information for each individual order upon shipping, allowing our clients to invoice their customers immediately. We ship promotional shipments, parcel shipments, and truckloads directly to businesses worldwide.
While shipping to businesses is relatively easy, we improve the customer service experience by offering:
- Online shipment and delivery notification
- Customs monitoring for international orders
- List management and maintenance of recipients and control of distribution with full visibility and control for our clients
An eCommerce fulfillment pioneer, ALOM has the advanced systems and knowledge, and has been working with businesses and shipping to their customers for almost two decades. We do this by:
- Working with virtually all parcel services and couriers to meet our clients’ goals; from FedEx, UPS, and USPS to local couriers, we can provide electronic processing and manifesting.
- Skillfully packaging product(s) to arrive in perfect condition while keeping shipping costs down and maintaining weight limits.
- Providing email shipment confirmation. Depending on the carrier, we may also be able to provide email confirmation of delivery.
- Offering address verification, including CASS (coding accuracy support system), NCOA (national change of address), and other external certification sources to reduce non-deliverable orders and costly returns.
- Generating sales or shipping reports depending on different criteria (such as sales territories) and customized data pertinent for demographic uses.
- Supporting branding efforts, including customized packing slips, customized boxes, and gift wrapping.
ALOM is a one-stop-shop for inbound and outbound logistics management. We help clients select the appropriate ship method and service level to meet their delivery goals and control costs.
At the center of our fulfillment activities is our Mastershipper system which coordinates order sources, order confirmation, inventory availability, payment options, and other central elements to ensure seamless fulfillment and optimize inventory.
Our typical turnaround is same-day shipping of all orders received that day, with a cut-off time negotiated with each customer. On-time shipping time is based on product availability.
To ensure the availability of product(s), some customers request that ALOM entirely manage their finished goods inventory. Based on actual measurements, we run a 100% fill-rate for those customers as proven by our key performance indicators.