Our Commitment to the Global Community and the Environment
At ALOM, we believe in the triple bottom-line, emphasizing our social and ecological responsibilities along with our fiscal responsibility.
- Our diversity supplier program actively solicits and tracks diverse suppliers, achieving a world-class level of diverse supplier participation.
- We are active in our local communities and take a leadership role in social and community causes.
- We believe in supporting worthy organizations with our expertise and fiscal underwriting.
- We are committed to making a better impact on the environment and making our workplace a safe and healthy place for our employees.
- We are committed to producing and distributing materials that have the least impact on the environment. We follow best practices in recycling, source reduction, procurement, and energy consumption. We reuse materials when possible.
- Digital print technology helps eliminate inventory waste. Printing just-in-time and only when needed eliminates literature obsolescence. Throwing away old printed matter creates trash and wastes precious resources originally used for production.
- We practice safe and responsible recycling of returns, electronics, paper, corrugated boxes, and other materials.
- We believe in reducing product size, packaging materials, and overall waste. Our filler material is generally recycled paper or airbags. We constantly train and monitor staff to ensure that package contents are properly protected without wasting materials.
- Our headquarters is outfitted with energy-saving devices such as motion sensors throughout the warehouse, high-efficiency lighting, and insulation.
- We are committed to running a profitable company that is in a financial position to plan responsibly for growth and treat its employees and suppliers fairly.